- Standards for election are extremely high. Membership is by invitation only to the top 7.5 percent of juniors and the top 10 percent of seniors and graduate students. Because Phi Kappa Phi is highly selective, membership is a stamp of excellence that is recognized by graduate and professional school admissions committees and employers alike.
- Unlike other honor societies whose undergraduate members may include freshmen and sophomores, Phi Kappa Phi celebrates upperclassmen and graduate students who prove to be strong scholars throughout their academic careers.
- Membership in Phi Kappa Phi recognizes and rewards academic success. New members are initiated at a ceremony and reception/banquet held on their campus. They receive a personalized membership certificate and card and are presented with the official Phi Kappa Phi pin at the initiation ceremony. Personalized press releases announcing membership also are available.
- Phi Kappa Phi logo graphics and verification letters are available to enhance your résumé. While Phi Kappa Phi is much more than a line on a résumé, it is an impressive line none-the-less. When it’s time to apply for a job, a scholarship, or a graduate program, our materials will help you highlight your membership in the nation’s oldest, largest, and most selective all-discipline honor society.
- Phi Kappa Phi members are eligible to apply for numerous Scholarships and Awards, valued at more than $700,000 annually. The Society’s extensive award programs provide everything from $15,000 Fellowships for graduate school to $500 Love of Learning grants for continuing education and professional development.
- Phi Kappa Phi corporate partners provide discounts to members. By partnering with companies such as Apple, Dell, T-Mobile and Liberty Mutual, Phi Kappa Phi is able to offer valuable discounts and services to its members, often at negotiated savings.
- You will become part of a select community of top scholars and professionals. The roster of more than 1 million members boasts doctors, lawyers, politicians and soldiers, plus educators, administrators, scientists and researchers, not to mention athletes and coaches, bankers and businesspeople, writers and performers, and professionals in just about every other discipline imaginable. They’re often leaders in their field and committed to serving others.
- A Mentor Match program pairs long-term, accomplished members with the next generation of leaders. Phi Kappa Phi’s talent pool is substantial, and our Mentor Match program allows active members to tap into it in mutually beneficial ways. Bright and ambitious, new Phi Kappa Phi members can forge vital relationships to help realize their goals.
- Phi Kappa Phi supports its members throughout their lifetimes of learning. Regular online seminars reach out to students and professional members with timely information on everything from job searches to the economy. Phi Kappa Phi Forum, the Society’s flagship quarterly magazine, features a variety of timely, relevant articles from influential scholars, educators, writers and other authorities; many contributors are also active members.
- A Career Center specifically for Phi Kappa Phi members has thousands of job opportunities posted within its network, from internships to high-level positions. In addition, the Career Center focuses on professional networking and offers a multitude of relevant career resources — all within a user-friendly environment that can be customized to your individual needs.
- Phi Kappa Phi provides a variety of networking and leadership opportunities for members. Online social and professional networking opportunities are available through Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, along with a comprehensive online membership directory and message board. Leadership positions are available at the chapter and national levels.
- To learn more about what Phi Kappa Phi offers including exclusive corporate partner discounts and incredible networking opportunities, check out Member Benefits.